More advisory services for customs, export trade and excise taxes
The VAT and associated issues such as customs duties and the correct tax treatment of goods that move across borders are important success factors particularly in an international environment. To this end, the specialists at LeitnerLeitner work across locations and use their extensive knowledge to manage cross-border tax issues in conjunction with our carefully selected and proven international network. In this way, we are able to deliver an efficient and sound solution as soon as possible – even for very complex questions.
Another focus area of our work is advising companies on the issue of “green taxation”. We would be happy to assist you with all questions related to energy taxes, CO2 levies and payment options.
- Complete assessment and structuring of cross-border movements of goods from an excise tax, customs tax and VAT point of view (e.g. optimising customs processes, supply chain, use of preferential regimes, customs debt regulations)
- Special issues related to the import of goods, particularly at the interface to the import sales tax
- Appraisals and opinions on customs and excise law issues
- Procedural support and assistance with audits
- Representation before tax and customs authorities, and courts
- Preparation and management of appeal proceedings in the area of customs and excise taxes
- Preparation of requests for remission/reimbursement of customs duties
- Advice in the area of “green taxation” (energy taxes, CO2 levy)